Meet Pat

Video (Meet Pat) -

Monday, March 7, 2011

Just in time for St Patrick's Day

Just in time for St Patricks Day, here are a couple of really simple designs you can use on greeting cards, place cards or table decorations.


The first card is made by arranging nine 5” black squares to make the hat. A black strip folded over makes the “brim” and a small strip of yellow is added for the hat band. A 1 ½” ring coil folded into a square makes the ‘buckle’ for the hat band. The shamrocks are simply 6” open hearts arranged on the short stems. I used the Marta Multi-shaper punch for the border.

The second card has a shamrock made using the alternate side looping technique. I worked with three strips at a time so there would be more “loops’ inside the shamrock. The stem was a 9’ shaped teardrop. I used the Marta Multi-shaper punch for the back ground on this card.

The shamrocks on the third card were made using 9“ heart shapes and 6” shaped teardrops for stems. I used the Quilted Corners corner/border punch for the border on this card. Of course any of these designs can be made larger or smaller by changing the length of the strips used.

4 comments:

Baukje said...

Lovely!!!
Groetjes Baukje

Katrin said...

http://dymphina.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing ...I just started quilling about three weeks ago. I'm hooked...I always have a piece of quilling paper and my tool in my pocket lol...I started with a toothpick and construcrion paper. Your work is beautiful! Thanks again :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work. I started quilling about three weeks ago and I'am hooked..I walk around with my quilling tool and paper in my pocket. I started with a toothpick and regular paper! I just love it! Thanks again :)